LegacyGT.com

Cam Position Sensor Help

Hey everyone I have a 2005 Lgt and long story short me and a friend were trying to take off the intake manifold and we ripped off the harness connector for the cam position sensor on the passenger side. Car ran and drove fine before the headgasket job that was done on it. The mechanic got a new harness connector and wired it back together. Car starts and runs but it stalls after letting off.

I have codes p0340 and p0341 for a cam position sensor bank A which is the driver side I think, but that was unplugged also so what I think the problem is are the 3 wires, red, green, and black that must be miswired causing this. Can someone take a picture of theirs or help me find out which wires connect where? Thanks here's a video of how it currently runs. https://vimeo.com/173201955

Wow this is funny, I just found this while looking for a part number for the connector. I literally just did this tonight. I managed to re-pin the connector and solder the wires back in, but I think they're making a bad connection because it has a four cylinder misfire that is very dramatic. Although it's barely throwing codes:spin:. If I remember right when looking at the flat side of the connector black is on the left, green in the middle, then red.

Also, if you could get me a part number for that plug, that would be awesome!

I'm currently putting the car back together after installing a new cam position sensor on the passenger side (next to the turbo, I assume that one would get crap out first due to heat). Hoping this alleviates my issue, otherwise I get to replace the other sensor and chase wiring harness issues. Yay.

I've been chasing an occasional (violent) cutout that only recently started throwing a P0340 code. 90% of the time the car runs perfect and smooth, but when the sensor freaks out it cuts all spark for a second or two. It's enough to make the car shut off and be difficult to start again if it happens while stopped, and enough to send you through the windshield if it happens at full boost. It's up there with blowing off a charge pipe during a pull.

I think 2.5i's have them on the front of the cylinder head.

I miss my honda distributors. Cost the same as a coilpack to completely replace, and they last forever if you change out the cap and rotor for $20 every so often.

I drove the car around like that and it stalls out but also backfires like crazy, I was scared I was about to blow my motor to pieces, didn't feel any jolts that would send me through the windshield though lol.

This is what my sensor connector looks like. If this isn't for the cam position sensor and its for something else my bad. The new sensor connector all has 3 red wires, which makes this even more confusing and idk what the part number is either. Can anyone just unplug their sensor and take a picture so I know which wires go where? If I switch the 2 outside wires the car won't start at all so it has to do with these wires. Thanks everyone. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160704/ba45e44aa034ab7d1d865de72e86bd1d.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160704/e2477379a4ef19124fa993d681fd00e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived