LegacyGT.com

Tire rotation - cheat?

The book says every 7,500.

So you rotate at 7,500 and by the time you get to 15,000, the tires are back to "even" wear (in theory at least). So if you rotate at 15,000 with the tires at even wear, its pointless IMO!

So why rotate at 15,000? Wait until 22,500 and do it again.

Comments plz!

its good to rotate the tires per manual spec. simply because your tires never wear evenly. the front tires usually wear faster due to the fact that they are the steering wheels.

on fwd/rwd drive cars you try and keep the most rubber on the power wheels. where as awd its more of steering instead of power since all wheels have power to them.

Work hard. Play even harder.

My Garage

The book says every 7,500.

So you rotate at 7,500 and by the time you get to 15,000, the tires are back to "even" wear (in theory at least). So if you rotate at 15,000 with the tires at even wear, its pointless IMO!

So why rotate at 15,000? Wait until 22,500 and do it again.

Interesting theory. I guess it's worth examining your tires at 15,000 to see if they're "even." If so, wait for another 7,500.

Anyone else with actual experience? On other cars, it really doesn't matter, but with the Subaru AWD, gotta keep circumference close.

its more then jsut flat out tread wear. it has to do with how the tread wears. if the same tires see the same forces allll the time. they can start to cup feather and other things as well. jsut rotate very so often. the exat mialge is not to important. but the tires are where your car contacts the road and therefor the limiting facter of safty. most ppl over look the tires

its good to rotate the tires per manual spec. simply because your tires never wear evenly. the front tires usually wear faster due to the fact that they are the steering wheels.

+1, and do more of the braking compared to the rear since our stock soft springs allow a ton of dive.

I keed I keeed

Do it as the manual says OR, check the tyres yrself and see how the wear is going. If you think u need to rotate, rotate but otherwise leave it.

Also a thing to remember is balance of each rim, tyre rotation is good but make sure all the wheels are balanced correctly, this alone can really really affect yr tyre wear. Also ensure that front wheel alignment is in check. Wheel rotation alone wont fix wear. Keep the rest in check and u cant go wrong.

Ada///M.

Archived