LegacyGT.com

Need info for future engine swap.

First of all I don't post as much as I should but thanks to you guys here I have had a relatively easy time with my legacy. So as the title says I'm planning for an engine swap so I'm going to start compiling parts, but I'm trying to make up my mind about which engine I wanna do. So I ask you taking money out of the equation for a sec, Franken motor or H6? It's going to be a daily with weekend hooning( occasionally) and I'm gonna hold off on the boosting for a bit. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my LGMS500 using Tapatalk

if money is no object then H6. Fully built eg33 with twin gtx28 garrett turbos running E85 running full standalone. More realistically you should consider an ej205 swap because it is the most economical.

If you were to run a frankenmotor with decent boost 15-18psi then that'd be a fine daily, as well as some fun on the track. No one wants to drive a stripped out car running 30psi as a daily, that'd just be miserable to live with.

If you were to turbo an H6 or even leave it NA, you'd still have decent power in a car that only weighs 3000lbs and that'd be a little more reliable than a homebuilt frankenmotor I'd think. But it comes down to money and time-frame, if you do a EJ255-57 block with 2.2 or 2.0 heads and turbo it, maybe a few months of tweak and tune and probably $3-5k. If you just drop in an NA H6 you're probably looking at 6 months of work to get that dropped in and all the bugs worked out, I would think that the H6 would take more time since you have a lot less space to work with, price would probably be a little more as well, maybe $4-6k

You know smog and bar related?

Sent from my LGMS500 using Tapatalk

I would think that if you did a frankenmotor with the stock cats from the 2.2/2.5 car that is getting the frankenmotor then you'd be ok on emissions. But if you do the H6 build, you should swap in cats from the donor car.

2 more cylinders=more emissions? Or just wait a few more years until its an antique :p

Archived