LegacyGT.com

Overhead Consol Dead, no power on sunroof or seatbelt lights

I've done countless hours of searching for a solution on this and I haven't come up with anything. I've got an airbag light for what you would quickly assume is a bad overhead console, but I replaced it and it's still dead. No lights up top. Also my sunroof has no power.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

I've read through everything close, but I haven't found this yet.

Thanks in advance.

Check that the contacts in the plugs haven't been pushed back into the plastic housing. This sometimes happens if they aren't seated properly. I don't recall when I repaired my AirBag light whether these connectors are of that style. Generally they "click" into place on typical Molex and Amphenol plugs'n'sockets.

Just to confirm, you replaced the overhead console controls for the sunroof, map lights, all that, new circuit board and everything?

Yes I replaced that module. The light bulbs work, but the passenger air bag light and seat belt lights are out.

Check that the contacts in the plugs haven't been pushed back into the plastic housing. This sometimes happens if they aren't seated properly. I don't recall when I repaired my AirBag light whether these connectors are of that style. Generally they "click" into place on typical Molex and Amphenol plugs'n'sockets.

Interesting. I'll look at that more closely.

Make sure the Fuse #4 driver side dash is good and ground is good.

Will do. Not sure when I'll get to this, but ill keep this thread updated. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Make sure the Fuse #4 driver side dash is good and ground is good.

Fuse #4 was it! That fixed all of the issues. Sun roof, seat belt and airbag module, cruise control. I'm not sure why I didn't pull all of those fuses sooner..:confused:

Cheers! Thank you.

Archived