LegacyGT.com

Need help identifying clutch noise after new clutch install

lilbrudder

Thanks for the reply's. If I look at the clutch exploded diagram, it does not show clips from the TOB to the fork for the turbo model, only the aspirated version, not sure why, you would think they are necessary but I will ask them that question. They just replaced the slave cylinder thinking it might help. If you look at the exploded image or the pieces in the rebuild kit you notice there is a coil spring that is between the piston and the housing I presume to maintain contact of the rod against the arm, against the TOB (I would attach the diagrams if I could figure how, the image attach is looking for a URL). That would mean the TOB is spinning all the time, is it supposed to do that? On other cars I have had that was not the case. You mentioned you added a spring, where does it attach, could you show me a picture?

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN5300_zps2b07a1b9.jpg

There's a clip on the back of the fork. You can see the end of it just to the right on the bottom end of the fork.

This is out of my 2005 GT wagon.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived