LegacyGT.com

Tracking Down Boost Leak

I have suspected that I have had a small boost leak for some time and I finally got a smoke machine and hooked it up to the intake inlet. I found that smoke was coming out near the turbo. I had my turbo heatshield on along with a thermal blanket so I couldn’t pinpoint the location. From what I could tell it didn’t look to be coming from the turbo inlet, turbo vacuum line running to the EBC, or the intercooler to turbo connection. It was hard to get a good look, but it didn’t appear that my EWG was leaking.

What could be leaking around the turbo? The only areas I can think of are uppipe, downpipe, and IWG since I have it locked close but not welded shut.

Thanks

Most likely the turbo inlet is ripped or has a small hole (that or bpv return hose as it connects to inlet). Are you idling/cruise fine but just under WOT you're going a little lean?

-B

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Most of the smoke seemed to be coming from the rear portion of the turbo, but I will check the inlet again. Any other ideas on what could be leaking by the rear section of the turbo?

The car was tuned in its current form so I can't tell if something changed.

Archived