LegacyGT.com

I'm getting the legacy 2.5i tuned but I have a question about intake

It looks like in the picture thread your car is on a dyno. Did you have your car tuned and dyno'd? If so what were your results?

My results were minimal expected . But lagging less and doesn't suck as bad. I only wanted to get rid of that dead spot but it did help and I gained power. The overall drive of the car became more responsive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

My results were minimal expected . But lagging less and doesn't suck as bad. I only wanted to get rid of that dead spot but it did help and I gained power. The overall drive of the car became more responsive.

What exactly did you have done? and what kind of gains were obtained? Do you have any other mods (intake, drop in air-filter, exhaust)?

If you don't mind me asking who did the tune and what did it cost you?

What exactly did you have done? and what kind of gains were obtained? Do you have any other mods (intake, drop in air-filter, exhaust)?

If you don't mind me asking who did the tune and what did it cost you?

The only thing I have is a high flow drop in filter and nameless axlebackexhaust. I had it tuned on the dyno. It wasn't flashed with a map. They tuned it the best they could. I wanted that dead spot gone but the cvt has its own computer inside the tranny. They were able to advance timing and remove restrictions. After a few pulls on the dyno they concluded that the torque converter is causing the lagging dead spot. I gained at peak 12hp and 18lb torque. That's at peak . I can run 93 octane now and that was my request, before running 93 would worsen the lag and just kinda run like shit. Overall I am satisfied with it but I would recommend a high flow catalytic, high flow resonator, basically a complete manifold back exhaust for maximum flow. One thing you have to understand is the car is N/A and gains are minimal but they do clean it up a bit. This tune was an attempt to gain better response from a sluggish lagging whatever you want to call it drive. It did help. You can inquire about @AMR performance Danbury, CT. Just be prepared for what your car really has at the wheels on the base dyno.

Bro really...You have a GT...I will leave it up to your thoughts.

I'm not asking to get into a pissing contest about horsepower or dyno numbers. I just wanted to know. If it's that big of a deal to share, by all means keep it to yourself. :rolleyes:

I'm not asking to get into a pissing contest about horsepower or dyno numbers. I just wanted to know. If it's that big of a deal to share, by all means keep it to yourself. :rolleyes:

Obviously it's lower than rated on spec. That's why I said before prepared. If I wanted to share it is would have released the information. I'm not the only one with a 2.5i. I don't mean to come off that way but you asked the question.

Obviously it's lower than rated on spec. That's why I said before prepared. If I wanted to share it is would have released the information. I'm not the only one with a 2.5i. I don't mean to come off that way but you asked the question.

Not sure I follow you. When you say spec, what spec are you referring to? You had your car tuned on a chassis dyno and I'm not aware of a rating or spec that is published as a hard and fast number for these cars at the wheels. They are rated on BHP at the engine crank so of course any numbers recorded at the wheels will be lower....

In any case, it's fine if you don't want to share but if you've sniffed around this forum a little (and I'm sure you have), you've probably realized that as a group, we are all pretty open and pretty non-judgmental. This is not NASIOC and nobody is going to get on your case. Yes, there are plenty of other 2.5i's out there but I can't remember seeing any members on here discuss having their car on a dyno which is why I asked the question.

Not sure I follow you. When you say spec, what spec are you referring to? You had your car tuned on a chassis dyno and I'm not aware of a rating or spec that is published as a hard and fast number for these cars at the wheels. They are rated on BHP at the engine crank so of course any numbers recorded at the wheels will be lower....

In any case, it's fine if you don't want to share but if you've sniffed around this forum a little (and I'm sure you have), you've probably realized that as a group, we are all pretty open and pretty non-judgmental. This is not NASIOC and nobody is going to get on your case. Yes, there are plenty of other 2.5i's out there but I can't remember seeing any members on here discuss having their car on a dyno which is why I asked the question.

Well I do apologize greatly for the misunderstanding. Congratulations you really put me in my place in a non judgmental way.

The 4th gen 2.5i I recall dynoed around 100 hp to the wheels, so I would be interested to see if that got better or worse with the cvt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

As would I which is what lead to my original (and apparently quite judgmental and inappropriate) query on the OP's results.

Archived