LegacyGT.com

Rear differential bushing inserts

I have received the KDT927 whiteline inserts and are going to pop them in tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone has ever installed them and are they easy to press in? Also by putting the rear of the car on jack stands make it harder to press in or should the car be sitting level?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

You're going to want the car up in the air for sure. I had the luxury of having a pit to work in (plenty of room, and a solid concrete wall to brace against for tightening or loosening hardware), but ramps or jack stands are a must.

The bushings aren't too difficult to get in, maybe a little fancy prying with a large screwdriver to get them far enough so you can get a nut started. Use plenty of the grease that comes with them and you should be fine. I did have a stud start to back out on me when I did the install, but I was able to double-nut it and screw it most of the way back in with a couple drops of red Loctite to keep it there.

You're going to want the car up in the air for sure. I had the luxury of having a pit to work in (plenty of room, and a solid concrete wall to brace against for tightening or loosening hardware), but ramps or jack stands are a must.

The bushings aren't too difficult to get in, maybe a little fancy prying with a large screwdriver to get them far enough so you can get a nut started. Use plenty of the grease that comes with them and you should be fine. I did have a stud start to back out on me when I did the install, but I was able to double-nut it and screw it most of the way back in with a couple drops of red Loctite to keep it there.

Thanks for the info...but my question is do I need the tires off the ground with Jack stands or do I need the car on ramps?

Ah, gotcha, shouldn't matter at all. It may help a little to put a jack under the diff to take a little weight off the studs when you press the inserts in, but wheels up vs. wheels down doesn't make a difference.

Ah, gotcha, shouldn't matter at all. It may help a little to put a jack under the diff to take a little weight off the studs when you press the inserts in, but wheels up vs. wheels down doesn't make a difference.

Ok got it..thanks again

Archived