LegacyGT.com

Hub assembly part number

I've never heard of the Timken brand before. I usually don't like to buy main components such as hubs from eBay because it's very very difficult to follow up if the part ends up being defective. But Dorman and National are trusted brands. But in our case, the hub and barrings are separate, as far as I know, complete hub assembles are hard to come by for our car. I don't know if this link will work but here http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web/PartSearchCmd?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&pageId=partTypeList&suggestion=&actionSrc=Form&langId=-1&vehicleIdSearch=32643&vehicle_32643=1996+%3A+Subaru+%3A+Legacy+Outback+%3A+2.5L+2458CC+H4+FI+VIN%3A+6-EJ25&vehicle_173225=2003+%3A+Subaru+%3A+Impreza+WRX+%3A+2.0L+1994CC+H4+FI+Turbo+VIN%3A+EJ205&searchTerm=hub&searchedFrom=header

I've never heard of the Timken brand before. I usually don't like to buy main components such as hubs from eBay because it's very very difficult to follow up if the part ends up being defective. But Dorman and National are trusted brands. But in our case, the hub and barrings are separate, as far as I know, complete hub assembles are hard to come by for our car. I don't know if this link will work but here http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web/PartSearchCmd?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&pageId=partTypeList&suggestion=&actionSrc=Form&langId=-1&vehicleIdSearch=32643&vehicle_32643=1996+%3A+Subaru+%3A+Legacy+Outback+%3A+2.5L+2458CC+H4+FI+VIN%3A+6-EJ25&vehicle_173225=2003+%3A+Subaru+%3A+Impreza+WRX+%3A+2.0L+1994CC+H4+FI+Turbo+VIN%3A+EJ205&searchTerm=hub&searchedFrom=header

So the ones like I shared with bearing don't come pressed? I was under the impression they did. Also, all I can seem to find is for non abs 2.2L FWD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as the pictures are accurate, the hub you linked have the bearings pressed in already. When I looked up hubs for your and my car, mine being a 1996 non-abs 2.2 and yours being a 1996 2.5. The part numbers are the same so my guess is that the hubs you linked will fit BUT I still don't know anything of that brand.

Timken is a reputable brand. Their bearing are better known in the domestic market for the big three. They also make bearing for just about everything.

OP's post looks to be from JC Whitney's ebay store front. I'd double check through the JC Whitney site itself for that part number if you're concerned with being able to return it.

Timken is a reputable brand. Their bearing are better known in the domestic market for the big three. They also make bearing for just about everything.

OP's post looks to be from JC Whitney's ebay store front. I'd double check through the JC Whitney site itself for that part number if you're concerned with being able to return it.

Also JC whitney is pretty awesome in regards to returns, I'd buy it right through their site just to be safe though

Archived