LegacyGT.com

Weird noise on cold start up on 05LGT 5MT

so I just picked up a 2005 LGT limited with 80000 miles. Car seems to be running great, with an exception on initial start ups. I can't really explain the noise but hopefully you'll be able to hear it from the video I posted. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/matrixmanvvtl_i/media/20160614_083454.mp4.html

Bad bearing in your starter? You say initial startups only. Meaning, it has to be cold? That puts a somewhat heavier load on the starter than when warm. Maybe consistent.

Get someone else to start it and see if you can isolate the noise. Starter is on the top rear driver's side of the motor, under the intercooler.

It doesn't sound serious.

These starters are to hang in a bit after the first start in the morning. Ready the sticky's there's one about lubing the starter.

My 09 even does it when its cold out.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Oh yea now that I can hear the video, that's the starter. I left the one in my wagon for years until it started doing it most of the time, then I replaced it. The reman has never made that sound, its been like 4 or 5 years.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived