LegacyGT.com

5th gen seat swap

Does anyone know what seats will swap with a 5th gen legacy? (I have a 2011) The seat kills my back and the upholstery place didn't help much. I would like to swap a junkyard seat before looking into an aftermarket one.

Are there other models that would be a direct swap? Or with only slight modification? I called a bunch of subaru dealers and everyone tells me something different. Some say only legacy seats will swap (year 10-14) while others say maybe newer outback/forester seats will swap.

Does anyone know for sure? I like the older gen subaru seats more but i don't think they fit. Maybe a different brand of seat will fit?

Can't answer your question but I can give you some info.

The biggest difficulty is the fact that our cars come equipped with sensors in the seats for the Airbags. So if you do want to swap seats it is best to get some that have airbag sensors in them, and hope that they can be wired to work with the factory wiring.

As for different options, easiest way is to physically remove seats and bust out the tape measure and camera. Take measurements of the seat rails and photos so you may compare to other seats.

If you are hands on and mechanically inclined you could take STI or WRX seats and fabricate the Legacy rails to fit either of those seats. If I ever do upgrade this is the route I will attempt.

Posting this same thing multiple times isn't going to help you at all. At best, it will sprinkle different information across multiple places, making it hard to correlate all of the information down to a single digestible spot. Please make everyone's life easier, including yours, and stop doing this.

Archived