LegacyGT.com

who likes volvos?

180k :eek: Good luck!

my ej251 is close... sort of... I rebuilt it and it need the flywheel and clutch components before i mount it to the tranny( also out of the car). but i dont have things like new mounts for it all (tranny/engine). and new timing belt kit and water pump so im just gonna say its a work in progress on top of working 6 days a week.

$800 is the listed price. it literally might be driven 1 day a week. it will just mostly sit with the interlock equipped so i have something to drive if i need, other than that i bike everywhere. I work for a brewery so lets just say i shouldn't be driving most of the time anyway.

Well let me play devils advocate for a moment and ask why you would spend that money on another car if you barely plan on driving it? Keep riding your bike while you stock up on your parts. That $800 could get you a nice start. If you needed a car 4-5 days a week then definitely find a beater while slowly fixing up the legacy.

Don't take it the wrong way, I'm just trying to help.

The EJ22/MT combo is one of the most reliable setups Subaru ever put on pavement.

That said it'll be eligible for antique tags in a few years so don't expect it to be a creampuff.

Cars like that usually die incrementally. Driveline will be good but the suspension will be worn out, or a ball joint will fail and you'll go to change it only to find it's frozen in the spindle so now you need a whole spindle. . and you can't find one with ABS where you're located so no more ABS. . .and when you put it back in the strut is blown or a sway bar end link breaks. . .or you notice the caliper is seized. . . inner tie rod end is shot because of a failed boot, axle on pass side is also starting to rumble but you can't get it out because of the same ball joint/strut issue on the other side. . .

none of that may be the case with this car, just sayin'.

And the sucky thing is new parts for old worn out shitty subarus cost about the same as ones for shiny new ones.

its still pretty cool to look at. I'm going to look at a second gen this weekend.

1995 2.2 sohc ,non interference motor, im assuming but there are always surprises.

180,000 miles or so, manual tranny.

NA or turbo? On a NA engine I don't see any major problem with that distance if it has had a nice history of maintenance.

453747.png

N/A but it did not look good. the power steering pump was rubbing on the radiator fan shroud because the nipple was out on the bottom passenger side holding the radiator in. looks like the guy just cut the fan shroud to make the belt run through it. seemed like it would rub over bumps. i wish i took a picture it was comical.

power steering was leaking

steering would shudder at about 40 and would go to the breaks when stopping which was hard cuz the brakes were so squishy.

some sort of wire crimping/ splicing work was done to the cam shaft position sensor

a/c didn't work no surprise or cares there though.

after heating her up the cars oil was low. tranny fluid was frothy/ bubbly and black.

the side rails and underneath the car was pretty beat up. heads were leaking oil .

i think im gonna pass on this car.

Archived