LegacyGT.com

tsk type sleeve with machine grooves?

JHamilton117

So let me start buy saying I do not own any true TSK kits.

The clutch I purchased came with a sleeve kit so I thought I'd be good and they'd all pretty much be the same, sleeve kit wise. So anyway, I noticed that this sleeve has machining grooves on it, like fine concentric circles. Raised enough to feel and hear if you run your finger nails over it.

Is this normal for a TOB sleeve? Should I try to sand and polish it or call the company, or live with it?

Ftr, next time I will be buying a true tsk kit. I want stainless steel with a damn near mirror finish lol I wouldn't be surprised if this thing is aluminum haha

Is there something wrong with the snout on your tranny ?

Just put a light coat of high temp grease on the snout so the TOB has something to keep it easy to slide on.

I would think they should be smooth, may be the ridges help keep the grease there.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Sounds like a case of buyer's remorse over a "I got what I paid for" purchase. :)

That said, the sleeves should be at least as smooth as the tranny snout that you're mounting them on.

Where I'd be most concerned in an "I got what I paid for" scenario, is how durable and solid is the TOB that comes with the sleeve? If the sleeve is cheap, then what does that say about the replacement TOB?

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived