LegacyGT.com

Anyone Running With Rota Torque's?

mkalbarc

holy shyt! beautiful! any fitment issues with the 17x8?

Not really. I have 235/40/17 rubber. Once when I was doing like 130 over a speed bump (oops) I heard the tires rub just slightly, other then that I have not been able to reproduce a rub.

Since then I have taken off the rubber that fits over the wheel-well, and that probably solved it, but I just cannot find a bump big enough to test it out. BTW I have about 80 lbs of stereo equipment in the back and a trailer hitch.

Do the standard Subaru caps fit, or what other caps are on there?

Rota Torques / Work Emotions are so far my favorite 5-spoke/split-5 wheels. PFF7 7 spokes, or BBS/PIAA mesh wheels rounding out my personal favorites.

I really wish they came in 18x8, not just 17. They look good on pretty much every subaru they are mounted on. Especially the hyper silver.

Maybe snow tires... and 18"s of the BBS for summer... yeah, that's the ticket.

I really wish they came in 18x8, not just 17. They look good on pretty much every subaru they are mounted on. Especially the hyper silver.

I was thinking like you 18s are better then 17s. Wife really wanted 18s.

Here is my reasoning:

-the right 17s look great on the car

-17s clear the brakes no problems

-17s weigh less, with less weight on the outer portion

-less chance of rim damage

-better ride (so now I can go stiffer on the adjustable shocks)

-faster car, better braking

It doesn't look as cool as 18s, but still looks pretty cool to me.

Not really. I have 235/40/17 rubber. Once when I was doing like 130 over a speed bump (oops) I heard the tires rub just slightly, other then that I have not been able to reproduce a rub.

Since then I have taken off the rubber that fits over the wheel-well, and that probably solved it, but I just cannot find a bump big enough to test it out. BTW I have about 80 lbs of stereo equipment in the back and a trailer hitch.

littlesilvermax....aren't you running your set up with iON springs now??? Any rubbing now?

littlesilvermax....aren't you running your set up with iON springs now??? Any rubbing now?

The above slight rubbing happened with the IONs, again only once at a crazy speed & bump. Other then that no issues.

The above slight rubbing happened with the IONs, again only once at a crazy speed & bump. Other then that no issues.

hot. i think you have my ideal set up. although i may lean toward the Rota Boost design. bet those toyo's stick like glue!

Does anyone know anything about MB Motorsport wheels? Are they decent for the price ($147 ea for 18x7.5") or crap. I was looking at the Boost model for an LGT. They are only offered through Discount Tire, so that makes me wonder about the quality. - Thanks

As far as I know, MB Motorsport has a couple of rebadged wheels from a Japanese company. Their 17x8 Weapon wheels were about 22lbs. I'm not sure if the Boost wheels are from the same company though.

http://www.marukanet.co.jp/a-tech/index.html

Boosts are made by Rota...a company from the Philippines. I believe they also make OEM wheels for Toyota, Ford, and some other car companies.

http://www.rotawheels.com/

Subydude told me that the 17x8 Rota Boost weights 20.4 lbs.

Does anyone know anything about MB Motorsport wheels? Are they decent for the price ($147 ea for 18x7.5") or crap. I was looking at the Boost model for an LGT. They are only offered through Discount Tire, so that makes me wonder about the quality. - Thanks

check out Subydude.com

do a search on google....plenty of people sell Rota wheels.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived