LegacyGT.com

2.5i upgrade to lgt brakes.. whats all needed

Cant really find a thread with a real answer just people saying yeah do it so if anyone knows what all is need for the swap let me know o need all new pads and rotors so nows the time

Centric rotors, braided lines, good fluid and good pads.

Fluid id look at ATE or Motul

Pads i'd look at Hawk or premium parts store ceramic

Braided lines Techna Fit or Stoptech

Rotors Centric slotted and drilled but blanks are just as effect for the 2.5i

Remember power wise you dont need upgraded brakes its a waste of your money you could run stock 2.5i braking hardware and go with premium fluid and braided lines and you would think youre running brembos :lol:

Also you could buy a set of used Legacy GT calipers, rotors and lines for the front only and swap that over for noticeable improvement.

Thanks for the input gee-otto i might just do the fronts then.. Dont really wanna spend money where it wont make a difference. are the rotors noticably different between the 25i and the lgt? Ive never seen them in person just pictures. Also i see you have the exact same car as me.. what have you done with yours? Mines still bone stock only had it a couple months

Yeah all you would need for an LGT swap is calipers, rotors, and pads. Not even sure on the size difference, but I think it's like an inch, nothing extreme.
I put something here like all the cool people, except there's nothing cool to put here.

Thanks for the input gee-otto i might just do the fronts then.. Dont really wanna spend money where it wont make a difference. are the rotors noticably different between the 25i and the lgt? Ive never seen them in person just pictures. Also i see you have the exact same car as me.. what have you done with yours? Mines still bone stock only had it a couple months

Yeah I would do fronts only and start cheap. By that I mean try premium fluid and pads first if you feel you want more then go up from there.

To Anyone:

Do these rotors get rusted like those at the auto part places?

Do you happen to know the p/n and the site where we can order them?

I checked Amazon and don't see them come in set.

Thanks.

^ Thanks JF1, I was actually looking for those slotted/drilled like the OP (more for dressing up but don't want cheap stuffs either). If just blank, I might as well just go with HAWK pads and fluid.

• 8 months later...
Alright guys idk if anyone is still subscribed to this post but im taking the advice and getting Centric rotors. Found the C-tek Kit on sale 2 rotors and the pads for $113 but they dont come in the size i need for the rears.. they are drilled and slotted so i think it would look awful to have basics in the back. They do say they come in the GT and 3.0 size for the rear. Can i use those? Or use the same ones im getting for the front in the rears? Or would i need all new brake system in the rear?

Archived