LegacyGT.com

Cobb SF intake?

Tronix

I don't see anyone running a Cobb SF intake. I've been waiting for them to release it on thier website, but I came across them selling 3 of them on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WRX-STI-Legacy-GT-Cobb-SF-Intake-System-Short-Ram_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33597QQitemZ8004686604QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I bought one of them. I emailed them to make sure this would indeed work with their stg 2 maps, and they said yes.

I guess nobody else is running one yet?

-Tronix(plunging fwd)GT

for more pics and info... http://angevine.org/legacy/legacy.html

my guess is that it will work with the stage-II map, however the map really isnt tuned for it.

I thought COBB has seperate maps for the WRX for when you use thier intake, these maps aren't available for the legacy.

Let us know it goes though, I am curious to see how the intake effects the STage2 setup.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I thought COBB advised not to use rams style intakes and that the panel and stock airbox were good to like 500 hp?

I thought COBB advised not to use rams style intakes and that the panel and stock airbox were good to like 500 hp?

and you'd take Cobb's word for it? What the hell do they know about cars or tuning? I wouldnt trust them with my lawnmower, let alone my legacy.

actually the map notes (additional notes at the bottom) on cobb's site specifically says that the maps are to be used with the stock airbox OR thier SF intake only. Its the only intake that is tested and works properly with their maps..

I specifically emailed them before I bought it to make sure that it would indeed work with my stage 2 maps and they said it would, however they did not comment on the question that I had as to why they released them on ebay, but not on their own website yet.

-Tronix(hmm)GT

Guest *Jedimaster*
:lol:
and you'd take Cobb's word for it? What the hell do they know about cars or tuning? I wouldnt trust them with my lawnmower, let alone my legacy.

We dont have a legacy intake, we are developing one though.

Stay tuned for it. :)

So are you saying I just wasted $185 on an item that your vendor told me would work, but it wont?

is it just a bracket difference? or is the maf diameter different?

-Tronix(ugh)GT

Guest *Jedimaster*

Next Map revision will make sure you're tuned for it. :)

O RLY?

I don't think you can blame Cobb for what vendors are claiming, it clearly says on their website that it isn't available yet.

Try contacting the vendor and getting a refund, they have deliberatly decieved you, which I'm sure is illegal for one, and probably get them thrown off ebay for two.

Oh im not blaming cobb at all. They had no control over this. I just wanted a clear answer on it. Its tough to figure out what end is up with conflicting information. for instance..

If you go to Cobb's legacy page, and click on the Under development SF intake on the right side... then scroll up on the page that it send you to, it says WRX parts coming soon.. little confusing.. and then go to the maps download page and read the map info.. and at the bottom of the map info it states that the SF intake is the only intake that will work, when the maps are still not truly ready for the intake? I dunno. Its ok I already asked the vendor for my money back. hopefully I'll get it before he ships the intake and wastes all kinds of time . He is listed on Cobb's site as an official vendor so it should all be good.

-Tronix(knowledge is power)GT

Does anybody know FOR SURE if the MAF sensor mount is the same or different for the LGT? What about the dia of the tubing I.D. where the MAF sensor mounts? If they are the same, then its just a question of fitment, right?

I'm asking this because when I put my FMIC on, it appears that I've got to get rid of my new K&N Typhoon intake because it sits down inside the opening that the FMIC plumbing must pass thru. I'm thinking that the shorter, straighter Cobb SF intake might just work otherwise.

Don't ask about buying my Typhoon intake....already got a buddy lickin his chops for it.

I thought I recall Jeff Sponaugle from PDXTuning mention that the Legacy GT's MAF housing is slightly larger than STI/WRX's, which is a good thing because it would allow more resolution for tuning higher power outputs.

By using the WRX/STI intake, you will most likely run a bit rich, if anything, because the diameter should be smaller.

Stay tuned for it. :)

Can you give us any info on it? Will you have a specific map for it? Is there a certain hp you need before it will be effective, etc.......... Anything......... come on man, some of us are STILL waiting for the turbo back exhaust:)

Archived