LegacyGT.com

2005 / 2006 Bottom Engine Cover

I searched but could not find any info on this.

Does the bottom engine cover from the 05/06 Legacy GT fit on the 06 Leacy 2.5i? The GT gets a full cover to protect the bottom of the engine and for aerodynamics. The 2.5i gets two small covers, one on each side, but the bottom of the engine is left wide open. I would like to install the GT cover on my 2.5i to help keep things clean during our New England winters.

Thanks for your help,

jac04

The GT ones do fit. Mine used to have one on it. It's not on now, but I think there was just an ever so slight difficulty in accessing the oil filter though. Other than that, it clips right on. I believe the smaller side covers are on the GT also, and all you need to do is get the center piece. For some reason, I think the 2.5i wagons on my dealer's lot had the covers. :confused:

Thanks for the info. The GT cover does replace the smaller side covers found on the 2.5i. I don't know about the 05s, but none of the 06 base 2.5i cars on the dealer lot have the GT type cover.

It will fit right over without a fitment issue. It just makes oil changes that little bit tougher, but if u do a search, there are some fantastic posts/pics that give u a blow by blow description on how to DYI...........

Adam's DYI = Service Department @ Subaru Docklands, Melbourne.......

Ada///M.

Thanks for the help, everyone. I just installed the full lower engine cover on my 2.5i. Installation was simple: 1) Remove the two existing side covers, 2) Install the new cover. Simple.

Thanks,

jac04

• 2 years later...
Thanks for the info. The GT cover does replace the smaller side covers found on the 2.5i. I don't know about the 05s, but none of the 06 base 2.5i cars on the dealer lot have the GT type cover.

This may sound like an old refrain to those following the stereo threads

(on putting after-mkt head units in '05 and '06), but my new '06 2.5i

LIMITED has the single cover.

What I want to know, having recently "graduated" from a 1997, and

going "WTF" when I went to first change the oil on my new car:

what exactly is the point of this cover ? Just to keep the engine

clean ? And all those little access ports theoretically will allow me

to drain engine oil and change filter without removing the entire

cover ?

Yes, the cover keeps the bottom of the engine clean.

Yes, you can use the access cover to get to the filter without removing the cover.

Thanks for the actual answers ...

As far as the old thread, when I started typing text (or was it the

thread name) it comes up and suggests some existing threads you

may want to use. So that's what I did.

Archived