LegacyGT.com

Camshaft sensor or turbo?

2005 gt here.

I searched around a bit but wanted to get some feedback from you guys. Car threw the p0011 and p0021 codes last week. Car made a weird wheezing sound for a couple miles and then it went away.

Thought it was a leak or blown turbo so I took it to a shop and smoke tested it to see if it was a leak or anything. No smoke so the mechanic said it was my turbo.

I had to take my car to a shop to get some repairs to the body from a rear end and i asked the shop to take a look at my engine too. That mechanic said he took a look and said it seems to be my cam shaft sensor and not my turbo.

I've driven maybe a solid 100 miles since i first threw the codes. no odd sounds since the code first went off and car seems to drive normal. i haven't really pushed the rpms though since just in case but i hear the turbo spooling as usual.

any ideas whether it's the turbo on it's way out or if it's just the sensors?

Car is nearly stock but at 125k, just a cobb intake.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

that intake has likely run so lean, that your motor is cranky and likely on its way out. sensors don't make noise.

check oil level, look for glitter, pull downpipe check for wiggle.

good luck

Those codes are the death codes for the turbo.

I was one of the few that got lucky and got another 1000 miles out of mine after those codes. Most the turbo goes very soon, so soon you shouldn't drive it until you pull the down pipe and check the turbo for shaft play, in/out, up/down. Remove the banjo filter.

If you start the engine and the turbo breaks, you will put metal into the oil pan and oil system. That will take out the engine bearings.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/142-000-miles-oem-turbo-168561.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived