LegacyGT.com

Favorite HIDS and LED kits for less than $50?

Let's be real, these are all mostly made in China and not the greatest quality most of the time. I'm not looking to drop $100+ for something you can find for $25 either lol

So what were your favorite brands of HIDs or LEDs you've used in your 4th gen Leggy?

I've seen some LEDs have very nice and proper cutoffs, and before its brought up, I am looking for more foreground lighting. I have high beams for distance, so I don't mind if some of the extra light from the LEDs or HIDs fall low for better wet weather driving.

This isn't about bulb temp, just brands and the electronic hardware! =]

Lighting technology changes every year, and now that Osram Rallye 65w bulbs arent much of an option, I'm hoping we can build a sort of updated low-cost lighting guide for 2016, with good kits that drop in with clean cutoffs! =]

K I have no personal experience, but your only decent option on a budget IMO would be the Kensun lifetime-warrantied kits from Amazon. Going with anything cheaper in either HIDs or LEDs just isn't worth it.

Edit: I see they only have a 2-year warranty, which frankly is long enough for me, for a cheap option like this. In fact they're cheaper than I'd remembered ($40 for 6000k!)...also I've read lots of good things about these in various places on the internet, and also there's thousands of positive Amazon reviews. Painless warranty replacement too from what I've heard.

I put something here like all the cool people, except there's nothing cool to put here.

I've used and installed a decent number of DDM tuning kits, and aside from the fact that their shipping became crazily slow a few years back, they've all been rock solid.

I actually still have my orignal Apexcone Raptor ballasts on my accord that were installed in late 2009.

Anything from xentec has been garbage. Haven't used kensun, but I've heard good things.

I'm no lighting expert, but if you want a sharp cutoff, won't you also have to do the squirrel finder mod, or switch out the stock projectors with an HID projector? Or will you still have a sharp cut off line without doing anything to the squirrel finders?

Squirrel finder mod

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/get-rid-glare-w-stock-headlights-and-hid-82756.html

RX330 projector conversion

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/rx330-oem-conversion-full-oem-hids-write-up-56028.html

I think it kinda depends some on the bulbs you have. I've seen lots of people claiming razor sharp cutoff with no mods, but different folks will have different definitions of sharp too. From the pic I've seen, just putting a set of HIDs or LEDs in the stock low beam projector does yield perfectly acceptable results.
I put something here like all the cool people, except there's nothing cool to put here.

My thoughts exactly foto! =]

One day I'll probably upgrade the reflectors for true LED or HID use, but not until I'm ready to drop big coinage for quality that won't need replaced anytime soon lol

I am curious if there is an easy high beam mod tho, I'll have to do some searching

Cut off line aside, I would do something about the squirrel finders, but that's just me. The squirrel finders project light upwards to illuminate street signs. Standard h7 bulbs put out around 1500 lumens, hid h7's you're looking at about twice that much light. So you're going to be sending a lot more light through the squirrel finders, which in turn could be blinding to oncoming traffic.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived