LegacyGT.com

Hey all!

I need to replace my trans side cv boot. It tore while i was installing my tein coil overs it had not been drivin so I think it's OK to just replace the boot. Has anyone just used the split boot so you dont have to takr out the whole axle or do I have to take the whole axle out and replace it with a one piece?

Never heard of a split boot, so not sure how that works but the usual thing is to remove the axle, clean, regrease, and but a new one-piece boot on. There's a walkthrough and discussion thread here.
I put something here like all the cool people, except there's nothing cool to put here.

All a split boot is two halves and you mate them together with adhesive that comes with it so you don't have to remove the axle as long as it wasn't driven and got dirty. I'm considering just taking the axle out to put the one piece on but the split boot is way cheaper and faster route to get the same result. I did it to my dodge and worked just thought the gt might be different somehow and I have the motor out already so it's real easy to get at.

Search, there is a thread here or on NASIOC that shows how to replace the inner boot with pulling the axle out of the hub.

I was reading it a few weeks back.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived