LegacyGT.com

Turbo lower coolant hose removal

Hello!

So I think I nearly have my turbo out, to send to JMP, for some preventative loving.

I'm using wcbjr's walkthough for this.

At this point, nearly everything is disconnected except for the lower coolant hose, the vacuum line to the wastegate, the inlet, and the oil return fitting. I think...

I'm having a problem with getting the lower coolant hose to come off. I can release the clamp, but since there is that metal protection around the hose, I can't slide the clamp off of the end. So I have to try to hold the clamp open, and try and work the hose off. This is not working.

So, unless I'm messing with the wrong hose, is there a way to get that hose off of the connector?

Thanks!

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

I went and picked up the small size vise grips, and using a long screwdriver, uh prybar, and tugging, it came off. All that was left was the lower oil hose, the inlet, and the two vacuum fittings.

So it's hopefully completely drained, and will be getting packed up and shipped to Michigan directly!

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

For future reference one of these hose hooks can save you a shit ton of agony.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/OTC-4521-Hose-Removal-Tool/dp/B0050SFZBG]Amazon.com: OTC 4521 Hose Removal Tool: Automotive[/ame]

Also one of these is nice. I still use the hook more but the seperator pliers work pretty well.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/OTC-4522-Stinger-Vacuum-Removal/dp/B000F5HUQW]Amazon.com: OTC 4522 Stinger Vacuum Hose and Fuel Line Removal Tool: Automotive[/ame]

I've seen a similar tool, as the hose removal tool, used for the inlet in some YouTube videos.

I also used a brake tool for extra leverage, but the super long screwdriver, uh, prybar, worked better.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Archived