LegacyGT.com

Rear Camber Problem

Just go the alignment checked and the r/r camber is almost 2 degrees negative. The car is not lowered.

Question is what options have people used to correct this? I've seen camber bolts and aftermarket lower control arms.

I thought that if the camber is off either the upper or lower control arm is tweaked. But the real question is which one? I figure one of the two has to be the one that typically requires replacement in this situation.

So thoughts please?

No camber bolts available for the rear. Only options are upper outer control arm camber bushes, a full upper camber control arm or both lower adjustable control arms.

Mine weren't exactly the same as each other. One was about 1.5 before any adjustments were made with the camber bushes.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

I've heard a few mention before there is no camber bolts available. Moog makes kit # K5330 just in case anyone was wondering.

There is not much weight in the back of the car. If it was an issue of weight or rear springs sagging, the camber would mostly likely be shot on both rear wheels. The L/R is right in the middle of the tolerance. Just the R/R...

Anyone have any thoughts on which of the two arms would be more suspect to be bent?

You can get the tires off of it and compare everything. Typically, it would be a lower arm as they are more prone to damage but anything is possible.

I'd have thought bending a lower arm would make it shorter, thereby decreasing negative camber?

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I'd have thought bending a lower arm would make it shorter, thereby decreasing negative camber?

That all depends on how it was bent. If it's ever been towed and the tow truck guy hooks it by one arm and yanks it then that could be enough. Your best bet is to get it in the air and compare both sides.

Archived