LegacyGT.com

3" dump pipe with Highflow cat vs 3" TBE system questions

Hi there, I was just wondering in terms of the tuning side is there much power difference between a full 3" turbo back exhaust system Vs the install of a 3" dump pipe with high flow cat mated to the stock exhaust system?

Reason being I'm asking I can get a 3" dump pipe with high flow cat made out of stainless steel grade 304/mandrel bent for less then the recommended retail price of a mate who's selling his brand new, unused still in box.

Atm with fitment and tuning from my tuner I'm looking at about under $1000 Aud purchased, fitted and tuned. I would love a full TBE system but all the shops here are quoting me around $2000 Aud some with fitment/others with out. That's for stainless steel, mandrel bent systems.

The cheapest pre-made bolt on system (304 stainless steel, mandrel bent) which use to be $1250 supplied over the past two years has now gone up to about $1800 Aud just supplied. Now I'm kind of kicking myself that I should've sorted this out a couple years ago.....

Any advice/information will be much appreciated.

There is no reason to go with a full TBE, the net gain in power over a DP with stock CBE is minimal.

What brand is the DP that your friend is selling? I'm not sure I would go with a custom fabbed DP and expect it to work as it should, I would probably stick with tried and true if the one your friend has is AVO or Invidia, etc.

There is no reason to go with a full TBE, the net gain in power over a DP with stock CBE is minimal.

What brand is the DP that your friend is selling? I'm not sure I would go with a custom fabbed DP and expect it to work as it should, I would probably stick with tried and true if the one your friend has is AVO or Invidia, etc.

The brand of the system is x-force, they make Full TBE and Cat-back systems for the Gts here in Australia, I can get Invidia but I am waiting 2 here back from them for a quote, I'm not sure if Avos are available here in Australia, I've heard of the brand though. Below are links for the systems/ parts.

Update: One shop got back to me with a Invidia branded 3" dump and cat for $900Aud supplied.

https://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=12&products_id=6756

http://www.xforce.com.au/bolt-on-systems-for/subaru-liberty-gt-2010-to-/cid-1063040026

I know Fahr_side has them custom made. Not sure by who, but he said he has had great luck with them. His are very similar to Invidia's design from what I understand. May be worth shooting him a PM

Thanks for the information, just sent a Pm off to him.

Archived