LegacyGT.com

Leather wrapping

Has anyone leather wrapped their center console? I bought a center console for cheap and im probably going to try my hand at wrapping it either in ultra suede or black leather. I like Ultrasuede but idk if it would look nice with my blue suede and leather seats.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

Just make sure you get the right kind of adhesive. Wrapped a few pieces on mine in Alcantara and its been nothing but trouble for the area's where the curvature wants the material to pull up. The heat experienced inside the cabin, on this side of the world atleast, wreaks havoc on the adhesion properties of most products out there.

Centre console shouldn't be as much of an issue though as i'd say the angles are a bit more forgiving.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

Just make sure you get the right kind of adhesive. Wrapped a few pieces on mine in Alcantara and its been nothing but trouble for the area's where the curvature wants the material to pull up. The heat experienced inside the cabin, on this side of the world atleast, wreaks havoc on the adhesion properties of most products out there.

Centre console shouldn't be as much of an issue though as i'd say the angles are a bit more forgiving.

Probably gonna use 3m fabric liner adhesive .

My high mileage turd.

ive played with lots of upholstery, my dream is to do my headliner in black levis denim as a tribute to my dads levis edition Camaro from back in the day. and yes I would sew in two jeans style back pockets in the headliner as pockets.

I think you should use naugahyde now that Naugas are no longer on the endangered list.

Thanks for that jmp. I completely overlooked that material. Its cheap and looks almost like leather, Wonder how easy it is to work with though.

But im thinking wrapping the bottom section with ultra suede and then the top with cow hide leather for that soft touch

My high mileage turd.

Archived