LegacyGT.com

Interior Driver Side Window Rolling in on itself

Hello all,

I recently purchased a 2011 Legacy 2.5i. (week ago or so). I then decided (3 days ago) to get the windows tinted. Just yesterday rolled down the windows for the first time after the tinting and noticed that the drivers side window interior rubber weather stripping is caving in/rolling into the window causing a bit of a gap between the rubber stripping and interior driver side panel. :icon_cry:

(generic pic of problem I am having found online below - will put pic of my driver side up later).

Also noticed more wind noise thank usual from driver side while driving on highway today.

Took it back to the tint guy today and he sprayed it and kind of pulled the rubber stripping away from the window, but the gap remains. I have read some forums saying that what he did wont take/last. He also stated that it is not his issue as he didnt remove that panel for the tinting..

Any idea what can be causing this AND what needs to be done to fix? :confused:

TIA

IMG_4005.thumb.jpg.6510d3c307b5dfb4c24464e6c7f249e9.jpg

driver_side.jpg.e35593182b7171f0bf1453a6fc34815f.jpg

passenger_side.JPG.383acdacff2ef170b74745c09c0c7533.JPG

I had the same issue with mine, I tried pulling the upper part of the door panel back and it seemed to help but eventually I started to stick again. So I brought the car to the dealership since it was still under warranty and they replaced that rubber/felt strip and I haven't had an issue since.

This has happened to me a couple time after cleaning the windows just because there is more friction than when there isn't any dust on it, didn't really think about it being a warranty issue tho. i always just rolled the window up until it pops back out and then give it a little bend back so i can get it down without it rolling again.

Thanks Picky for reply.

Can you let me know how much?

I do have access to a family members mechanic shop, wondering if someone can let me know the part number (if they know) and how hard this might be to do.

TIA

Right before my BTB warranty expired I had it fixed along with the broken seat heater, both were covered so not cost to me!

The part number for weather stripping was 61282AJ01A

Archived