LegacyGT.com

Wideband o2 location suggestions

It must be installed between the turbo dump flange and any cats. The stock front O2 sensor is right after the flange, so just install it alongside the stock one. I know it's not 36" from the exhaust ports. I know it's probably only an inch or two in front of the cat. We've done it this way on dozens of 5th gens without any issues with sensors.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

From what I understand it has to be in front of the cat for accurate readings. That is what several tuners have said. So that really only leaves one option. Above the front o2 at about 10 o clock. I found some good pics through lots of searching and it looks like that will work. I will post info on fitment once it is installed as this could be very helpful to others.

A WBO2 wants to be in front of any cats. If you install after a cat it will read leaner than it really is. I only do a sniffer type (tailpipe) reading if 1) there's no cat installed and 2) the owner just won't let us put a bung in the downpipe. Remember it takes time for the gas to pass through the exhaust system so the further away the sensor is from the heads the less useful the data gets when you're trying to tune fuel on pulls through the rev range.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I cut a new one, somewhere around 0.75"/19mm. Whatever the smallest hole I could make that'd let the plug from the WBO2 sensor into the car. Shot a little paint on it to protect the bare metal and picked up a rubber grommet that was the same size as the hole. It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I put the hole somewhere to the right of the gas pedal. Step drill bit made quick work of it.

I cut a new one, somewhere around 0.75"/19mm. Whatever the smallest hole I could make that'd let the plug from the WBO2 sensor into the car. Shot a little paint on it to protect the bare metal and picked up a rubber grommet that was the same size as the hole. It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I put the hole somewhere to the right of the gas pedal. Step drill bit made quick work of it.

I did the same thing.

Archived