LegacyGT.com

Banjo Fitting Question!

08 Legacy GT. VF52. About to switch to some IAG oil lines. I noticed that there is a difference in banjo bolts between the turbo, avcs, and supply on the head, with the turbo having a small, restrictive hole. I did not know there was a difference and was running a big-holed banjo for all 3. For the record, I plan on removing the screen filters in each one. Is there anything detrimental to running too big of a banjo fitting to the turbo? Is there a such thing as too much oil flow? Should I buy an OEM oil restrictor banjo bolt?

Thanks.

08 Legacy GT. VF52. About to switch to some IAG oil lines. I noticed that there is a difference in banjo bolts between the turbo, avcs, and supply on the head, with the turbo having a small, restrictive hole. I did not know there was a difference and was running a big-holed banjo for all 3. For the record, I plan on removing the screen filters in each one. Is there anything detrimental to running too big of a banjo fitting to the turbo? Is there a such thing as too much oil flow? Should I buy an OEM oil restrictor banjo bolt?

Thanks.

Yes, yes and yes. Too much flow will float the bearings and toast your turbo. You should buy a new bolt with the correct size oil control orifice.

Archived