LegacyGT.com

What is best clutch upgrade for third gen legacy

i bought my car with some sort of ACT clutch kit in it. went all the way down to almost the rivets,it was slipping, pressure plate had almost no wear on the fingers and the TOB was still good. It did however shred a piolt bearing off the flywheel. that was no fun.

replaced it all with sach's solid mass flywheel, exedy KSB*** clutch kit(ill get that number later).

lets just say it lasted less than a year.

broke my clutch fork because the TOB was toast, extreme wear on the fingers of the pressure plate. TOB probably shredded a couple ball bearings if it has them in it, the play was rediculous.

I suggest looking into a TSK (transmisson snout kit). unsure which one is for out cars they have 3 versions i think

carsparts.com had a warranty for a year and kindly gave me another and did not ask for the old one in return or inspection.

Thanks guys... I'm looking at an exedy heavy duty clutch or an exedy organic stage 1 clutch kit

If you arent adding power and even if you are the Exedy KSB04 is rated to 196hp-196lbft\trq the stage one has a slightly higher clamping force but I would stick with either one. Some folks run the ACT kit but i never hear that great of longevity stories.

You wont need a TSK1 kit if youve never damaged the snout and go with a OEM Exedy solid flywheel for your model.

Archived