LegacyGT.com

Really need help with these struts!

I posted about this on my other thread last night but it's not getting much action. I'm trying to reinstall the rear struts but having major issues getting the bottom bolt to go in. It is not visually out of line. I just can not get it to go in the hole. Any tips tricks etc?

You're using the right bolt presumably:) Sometimes it helps to stick a screwdriver in the shock and use that to lever it around a bit at a time and until the bolt can slide in. If the eyelet is "twisted" in the mounting slot thingy that can stop it too.
I put something here like all the cool people, except there's nothing cool to put here.

Thank you both for the input, I finally got it lol. Both of my rears are done and I will be doing the fronts tomorrow. The Outback struts really do make a difference. There is a little noise coming from them though? I will note that I forgot to put the washer back on the passenger strut, and that seems to be the noisiest one. I believe also maybe the nuts are not as tight as they should be. I will tighten them up tomorrow and see if it makes a difference. Also can I remove the top bolt and put the washer on without having to remove the stut from the car?

I apologize. It's the one on the top of the strut that holds the mount to the shaft. I would have to remove the rubber cover inside the car to access these bolts. I believe it can be done without removing the struts correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived