LegacyGT.com

cheap intake mod w/o removing silencer

BOBALOU

i removed the intake horn and caped off the silencer port with a plastic closet dowl rod holder that was aprox size and duct taped into place, and found better performance off the line and at cruise, and more induction hiss noise. wich is cool to hear more snooort and better throttle response for 3 bucks and a piece of tape.

i removed the intake horn and caped off the silencer port with a plastic closet dowl rod holder that was aprox size and duct taped into place, and found better performance off the line and at cruise, and more induction hiss noise. wich is cool to hear more snooort and better throttle response for 3 bucks and a piece of tape.

Alternatively if you're into fabricating your own intake from sheet metal, welding/soldering and ... did I mention getting/making a JDM - styled front grille

http://www2.uic.edu/~bcatal1/etcetera/DSCF0028%20(Small).JPG

Here be another angle.

Let me just say it took forever...to the tune of 3 weeks to fabricate it of cardboard just to shape it out just right. Doing it in metal was another project in its own right. I can say that this ram air contraption on a turbo car helps. On a dyno is worth shit...you need to have air moving in it to actually have an effect ...but tell that to me when I am on the highway doing 60-70 mph. Some people on the forum have seen it.

1598447918_DSCF0024(Small).JPG.eb06227dba276adba9afce49abf4f2ab.JPG

Umm, if you're claiming that your setup is pressurizing the air before it enters the turbo, no, it's not. It may feel quicker thanks to the cooler air coming in but I promise you're getting nothing from the "ram air" effect.

I have no idea what you are talking about

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I think he's just saying that he plugged where the airbox connects to the silencer, leaving the then unused silencer in place. No different from those who have removed the silencer and plugged the resulting hole.

Archived