LegacyGT.com

Selling my Spec.B

Hi Folks,

Family needs require us to sell our loved Spec.B (135/500) currently the car has 108k on it and runs great and have hand the car from 40k miles. I have all the service records going back to the date I purchased the car (roughly 5 or 6 years ago) It has been dealer maintained, adult owned, totally stock. The interior is very clean, the body is clean as well but sadly there are few door dings so it isn't perfect. Anyways I am looking to see what folks think what is reasonable to asking price for the car, before I post it in the for sale section. I am in the Seattle area.

thanks for the help

Marcelo

IMG_2100.JPG?psid=1

and yes she needs a bath!

You will get wildly scewed answers on this board because people in the Midwest and east coast do not realize the added local tax that seems to be applied to used Subarus in the PNW.

Has the timing belt service been completed? If so and the records are as complete as you stated then I would ask $13.5k for the car. If not I would ask around $12k and see what offers are thrown at you. Good luck! Make sure to steer the new owner to the board.

depending on how clean the car is, rust, etc I see around $11-$14k for the older year specs. check kbb and nada just to get an idea of what people on craigslist will start bugging you with ;)

depending on how clean the car is, rust, etc I see around $11-$14k for the older year specs. check kbb and nada just to get an idea of what people on craigslist will start bugging you with ;)

And good condition spec. B's usually sell for well over the KBB/NADA values.

FYI - if you want to sell on this board, there is a section in the classified forum here for it. Note the format for making the post so you include all of the required information.

BTW my daughter is mortified, that we are getting a "Wagon" she asked not to been seen it.... "Dad wagons are for old people" She wants me to take her to school on my motorcycle now. I guess that is what being 13 is all about :)

And good condition spec. B's usually sell for well over the KBB/NADA values.

FYI - if you want to sell on this board, there is a section in the classified forum here for it. Note the format for making the post so you include all of the required information.

I am aware of that since I have been looking at spec b prices for years (and bought one recently) - I just mention that because that is what people will use to negotiate, so you can get an idea of where they will be coming from. Also, when I looked at NADA guides for the 2008 legacy spec b it did come in around the market value under "clean retail" (they only list trade in and retail, not private party).

I bought my wagon when my daughter was born, shes 11 now and still loves it. I guess the switch flips around 12 or 13, can't wait! You'll get more for the B if you sell me your wheels :) GLWS

in 2014, I purchased my completely stock 347/500 spec.B from a dealership n new York with 80k miles on it for 15k, if that helps. It was in perfect condition confirmed by a post-purchase inspection.

I do think I slightly overpaid for it, but no regrets... I love my car.

Archived