LegacyGT.com

LED exterior replacements

Does anyone have suggestions for good quality LED replacements for turn signals and stop lamps? Are there any that don't require load resistors for the turn signals?

I went with amber vLED's V3 triton LEDs, non-switchback type for signals. Every vLEDs I got on my car, I've had them for about 3-5 years, none of them ever failed me. I used to get LEDs from superleds' site and those always go out every few months. So the tritons can seem a bit pricy cuz you need 2 pairs, but its worth it imo especially because of how well they worked with the reflectors.

For my brake lights, I went with 2 pairs of vLED's 21 LED platinum lights (I have quad mod, do it if you haven't done it already). For these you do need to add a single 6OHm load resistor, just vampire tap it into the center brake light and you're good. Click on my journal below and you can see all the LEDs I've done to give you some ideas of other things you can do. GL! (FYI: you should get red LEDs for brakes because the red lens will filter out every color other than red)

So if I put white in the tail it won't be any brighter? Also, on a side note, how did you attach your front lip? Just the tape that came on it? Also, did yours come a little warped?

So if I put white in the tail it won't be any brighter? Also, on a side note, how did you attach your front lip? Just the tape that came on it? Also, did yours come a little warped?

I asked several people including the guys over at vled, and the consensus is that red works better thru most red lens. White would still come out red thru the red lens because it will filter out every other color but red, however, idk if the color would be as intense. FYI, mine is hella bright and if you want to go even brighter, just buy another set of V3 triton in red.

My front lips was glued on with a special 3M bumper adhesive, its permanent. I don't recommend getting my lip spoiler because not only does it need modification, it has some imperfections and I would have gone with the other STI style lip if I was to do it again.

Archived