LegacyGT.com

Single Exit

JWD06OBXT

So I have been tossing around the idea of doing a cat back on my 06 OBXT. Thinking about getting something built up at my local exhaust shop for a decent price rather than forking over the $$$ for a name brand system.

Anyone have opinions on going single exit. My car is an outback so I don't have cutouts and really don't care about showing off any flashy can. Just want to free up the restrictive stock system and get some of the rumble I have been missing since selling my previous Forester.

My plan is to just straight pipe from the cat back 2.5" to a single exit. Not having the Y-pipe should keep the cost down as well as make the system flow even better. If the straight pipe ends up being to loud I'll get a muffler put on there and have it tucked up where the stock cans hide behind the bumper.

any opinions or concerns are appreciated!

No Concerns. There is plenty of room to work with under there. Any good exhaust shop should be able to fab up something for a fraction of the cost of a name brand kit. Many others have successfully installed a single exit system. You have answered all of your own questions. You are a man with a plan! Do it! Enjoy! You wont be disappointed.

Isn't everything before the y already 2.5? Have had the same plan, but figured i'd juat remove the y and add in a new 2.5 pipe to a single muffler. Wishing i could get a slightly used 05/06 sti muffler, assuming it'd fit the oem muffler cavity. Either that or a vibrant 1146/1148 with downturn(s).
* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

Isn't everything before the y already 2.5? Have had the same plan, but figured i'd juat remove the y and add in a new 2.5 pipe to a single muffler. Wishing i could get a slightly used 05/06 sti muffler, assuming it'd fit the oem muffler cavity. Either that or a vibrant 1146/1148 with downturn(s).

Yeah it is 2.5" my only concern is I wanna remove the resonator and not have it all piece together down there. Ideally if I could keep the stock exhaust system without cutting it up and just get a new 2.5" pipe fabricated to fit that would be ideal for me. Gonna swing by my local shop some time next week and get a quick quote.

Archived