LegacyGT.com

Looking for gains. Have DP and UP. Is CBE worth it?

skrolz

2006 spec.B.

Invidia Catless Uppipe

Invidia Catted Downpipe

AVO Intercooler

Brand new VF46 turbo

Cobb AP Stage 2 tune

I'm setting up an appointment to have a clutch installed and want to do a pro tune at the same time. The pro-tune is going to be a cap for my engine mods (for now).

The idea is to install a CBE to get the most out of my pro tune. I don't care very much about sound and don't care at all about looks, so this CBE is all about gains. Now, is it worth it? I picked up a Borla from classifieds, but is the 2.5" piping (same as stock) preventing any gains? Do I need to go with a 3" Invidia (I don't want loud). If the Borla doesn't do anything for me with a tune, I might just stick to stock and flip the Borla.

Something else I just started considering is the turboxs ypipe and midpipe. These are 3" up until the 2.5" stock mufflers. Would these provide more gains? The cost of turboxs mid and y would be the same price as the borla CBE.

I appreciate any information. Thanks!

I'm setting up an appointment to have a clutch installed and want to do a pro tune at the same time. The pro-tune is going to be a cap for my engine mods (for now).

Also make sure you get the clutch broken in before you get the protune done. During break in there may be some high loads when doing pulls that the clutch could slip slightly and you won't get a good tune.

Something else I just started considering is the turboxs ypipe and midpipe. These are 3" up until the 2.5" stock mufflers. Would these provide more gains? The cost of turboxs mid and y would be the same price as the borla CBE.

I appreciate any information. Thanks!

So first off this is the picture subforum so not a lot of frequent traffic compared to the model specific subforum.

Also as per how fluid dynamics works (yes exhaust is a fluid, so is air) having the reduction from the 3in DP to the catback and then split again to two smaller pipes and the reduction being from the 3in mid to a reduction at the Y wouldn't make a difference flow wise at all. You can only push as much flow as your greatest restriction unless you have another possibly less restrictive path. However both paths that the exhaust splits into are more or less equally restrictive so having a stock axle back will limit the amount of exhaust you can actually flow. Now as to whether or not this provides and power benefit from upping you CBE size it really doesn't make a difference at the level you're at as OB2.5XT said above me.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Also make sure you get the clutch broken in before you get the protune done. During break in there may be some high loads when doing pulls that the clutch could slip slightly and you won't get a good tune.

Wow. Thanks for this. Will do, fur shuur.

And I didn't realize I posted this in the media galleries. Mods, I will x-post this to the model specific forum. Feel free to delete this thread.

Thanks!

Archived