LegacyGT.com

Back again!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the reply. For now the car is running good again. I'm no good a wiring diagnosis, so I'll most likely replace the knock sensor and o2 sensor, to see if that's the issue. I did check over all the connectors and such. Everything seemed to be just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ey everyone! The other my cluster stopped working again and the alternator went out.. Well $80 later it's running good again. Still have the CEL but it seems to be running good. The engine however is getting louder. Sound like a bad tick!

Alright posting again here. Would really like some feedback. I posted yesterday about a marker light issue, hoping to get some feedback on that!

I have a couple questions I'm gonna try to go over here.

First, is there a way to delete previous posts? There are some threads I've started that I believe no longer need to be up, just thought It might save some space on the site if it were removed.

Also, I just ordered some exhaust parts! My resonator pipe is SHOT, and it was over $100 to replace it. I've decided I'm going to try to build a cat back dual exhaust set up. I simply ordered an exhaust flange repair kit, a universal Y-pipe, and two 6 foot straight pipes. I do not currently have two mufflers, so I will be running without them until I come up with a little bit of extra cash. I will be clamping everything together for now. The Flange repair kit comes with new springs, bolts, and donut gasket. It was meant to repair a rusty resonator pipe but I will be sliding it into my universal Y-pipe.

One last concern, my car is running like crap again! Or at least it has been the last two days. It ran great for almost a week. When it starts acting up it acts like the transmission doesn't want to shift. I really don't know how to explain it, it'll sometimes go all the way up to 6,000 RPMs before finally shifting and then it smells like a clogged cat. Anyhow I ordered a knock sensor as well, because that was one of the CEL codes.

Also on a side note, I ordered new headlights! My old ones are in bad shape, so I ordered black housing lights!

Thanks for reading! I appreciate the feedback!

Hi everyone! I have a video to share today. It's a little over 5 minutes long but It's a video of my car's driving habits. I would like to say that what you will see in the video is only a tiny sliver of how my car usually acts. It is usually much worse but everytime I pull the camera out the car decides to be bashful.

During the first 20 seconds I'm just driving around town nearing what we call "Lumberport Hill"

At right around 0:20 I start my up hill journey.

At about 1:55 I start my decline. Now for about 20 seconds I never touch the brake, but the car hovers at 30 MPH. This is not a small decline, it is a steep hill and the car holds itself at 30. I know that's not really a bad thing and may actually just be engine braking, maybe?

At about 4:40 I start another downhill journey, but this time, the car speeds up much like you would expect a car to do going down hill. Both declines were about the same grade.

At about 5:15 I begin to go up another incline. There's nothing really significant about it, but I think it takes entirely too long to get up to 45 MPH.

The car acted very well the rest of the day, with not serious issues, but like I said, what you see in the video is only a small sample of the way the car normally acts.

On another note, I installed a new knock sensor today and so far the car seems to be doing better. The CEL came back on about 1/10 of a mile up the road, but the throttle response feels worlds better. I didn't get to drive it too far but it still felt a lot better. It was just an eBay cheapie but still seems better.

Also, I have all the exhaust parts I was waiting on. I think I mentioned somewhere up above that I planned on doing a cat back dual set up. Well I've got my Y-pipe, flange, and pipes, so I'll be starting on that soon. I hope it sounds ok, because I'll be running without mufflers for a while.

Wish me luck, and thanks for all feedback and advice!

Hi there everyone!

I installed my makeshift cat back system the other day!

The pipe I received was not what I thought it was. It was actually flex pipe and it was only 1 3/4 ID. When I ordered it the website showed a picture of two pipes, but not flex pipes, and it said package size was 2.00x2.00x70.00 I assumed it meant the pipe... They came in a small box that didn't even match the listed package size.

Anyhow, I ended up using the flex pipe because I didn't wanna hassle with returns and such. I bought a couple of clamp type exhaust hangers and I ended up having to put the outlets in front of the rear wheels. It actually sounds pretty decent and isn't extremely loud.

So after getting everything fixed my wife and I, plus a bunch of her family decided to go on a road trip for memorial day. The car did fantastic! Plus it was all through the mountains here in WV. I'm talking about 4 miles up a 9% grade curvy hill then 4 miles down the next side. These hills are so long and steep there is a dedicated lane for trucks to stop and check their brakes before going down the hills. The car was occasionally a little slow up hill but other times it walked right up them like nothing.

I think I'm down to just the O2 sensor CEL code. I will be replacing that soon! Thanks for reading, and thanks for any and all feedback!

On another note, I installed a new knock sensor today and so far the car seems to be doing better. The CEL came back on about 1/10 of a mile up the road, but the throttle response feels worlds better. e!

when you reinstalled it (faceing the car as you would with the hood open, drivers side on the right hand side) was the cord that comes out of the knock sensor at the 1:15/1:30 o clock positon.

the orientation, from what i've heard around here, matters on how it actually works. if you still have a knock CEL then check it.

That is indeed how I installed it. I almost installed it the wrong way but it just didn't feel comfortable where I had it before, I moved it to the correct position. I don't think I have knock sensor CEL but I believe just one for the O2 sensor. I will double check before too long.

Archived