LegacyGT.com

AWD Warning light flashing

So my AWD warning light has been flashing and I called the dealer (I had recently received my car back from them for a new transmission) and they said don't worry about and that they'll look at it in a few days but the car should be fine. Am I gunna damage it more if I drive around while the AWD light is flashing?

Take the car to most any auto parts store they will ready the code for free.

The dealer may charge you $99 for that.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I wonder if there is something different about the new transmission that the car doesn't like.

Normally I would say check your tire tread depth, but since this happened after the new transmission, that sort of rules out tires for me.

If it were my car, I would minimize driving to be safe. I was also going to say pull the fuse to make your car FWD, but I don't think the GT's have that fuse.

I wonder if there is something different about the new transmission that the car doesn't like.

Normally I would say check your tire tread depth, but since this happened after the new transmission, that sort of rules out tires for me.

If it were my car, I would minimize driving to be safe. I was also going to say pull the fuse to make your car FWD, but I don't think the GT's have that fuse.

i think the manuals have a manual center diff while the 5eat has an electric one.

the only time my awd flashed was when i was high centered on snow and was pushing the gas to clear the snow burm. snow plow left a snow burm at an uphill street entrance.

curious if something isnt plugged in. or if it was learned.

• 2 weeks later...
the new one has the wrong gear ratio apparently.The dealership mentioned that when i picked it up and said they'd have a new one with the correct gear ratio but while I wait I can drive it with the semi-operational transmission until the the new one arrives. I'm just worried they're bullshitting me when they say "no damage will occur when the AWD light is flashing" because in the manual it says that can cause drive train damage.

Archived