LegacyGT.com

Anyone Interested: Legacy STI Front Lip Replica?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am waiting to hear back, Im trying a couple of other places as well but trying to get the ball rolling on this. Only issue that comes to mind would be that we would need a STI Front lip to make the molding... That's the one set back that I can see happening but I may have a solution to that. I will keep you guys posted!!!!

***UPDATE***

Speaking with a vendor as we speak. Made out of Carbon Fiber they would cost $250 a piece.

Still looking into Polyurethane since that would most likely be the cheapest route to take but wanted to get your guys' opinion. If you would rather have Polyurethane or Carbon Fiber?

I feel like $250 is a fair price considering its $350 + $200-$300 for shipping for the Real JDM front lip.

Waaat! What good is carbon fiber if we don't get the street cred! Polyurethane would be fine then. Could we get the honeycomb look for an additional cost?

Asking right now if we can get it with the honeycomb.

Something to consider: Real carbon fiber is light and strong, but brittle; it will break. Urethane is "strong enough," and it will yield (i.e. bend) rather than break.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Believe me, you guys want your lips in PU, not CF. You will hit things on the freeway, parking stops and curbs, all of which I have done with my PU lip and despite a few scuffs, it remains intact. I would have already replaced mine 3 times if it was CF. CF is for either racecars with big budgets or show cars.

Asking right now if we can get it with the honeycomb.

Waaat! What good is carbon fiber if we don't get the street cred! Polyurethane would be fine then. Could we get the honeycomb look for an additional cost?

**Correction!!!! It will have the "Honeycomb/twill" look to it so we still get the street credit :icon_chee sorry got myself confused for a moment!

It will look like in the picture, with that pattern.**

13046230_10205915290016739_373754669_n.jpg.88b9c9ef66e44f8ff93321a9c51aefa5.jpg

As long as your car isn't slammed the carbon fiber should be fine, I know alot of guys with STI's and WRX's who have carbon fiber lips and have had little to no problems even in the event of a scrape. I personally like the look because let's be honest, all of our cars are CVT's so we're not really in the business of weight reduction! :hide:

CF is for either racecars with big budgets or show cars.

Mine's slowly going to develop into a show car that's why i'm interested.

Something to consider: Real carbon fiber is light and strong, but brittle; it will break. Urethane is "strong enough," and it will yield (i.e. bend) rather than break.

Believe me, you guys want your lips in PU, not CF. You will hit things on the freeway, parking stops and curbs, all of which I have done with my PU lip and despite a few scuffs, it remains intact. I would have already replaced mine 3 times if it was CF. CF is for either racecars with big budgets or show cars.

I would have to agree, maybe we could have so that we would be able to choose between Carbon Fiber (CF) and Polyurethane (PU)??

I would have to agree, maybe we could have so that we would be able to choose between Carbon Fiber (CF) and Polyurethane (PU)??

That would be the best solution. I dont have anything in CF on my car and Polyurethane will flow much better with the other black trim that is on the car.

Either way, I am in. I will just find a CF rear lip spoiler to complete the look if that is what ends up happening.

BTW, THANK You Man for doing this!

That would be the best solution. I dont have anything in CF on my car and Polyurethane will flow much better with the other black trim that is on the car.

Either way, I am in. I will just find a CF rear lip spoiler to complete the look if that is what ends up happening.

BTW, THANK You Man for doing this!

Not a problem! I could have him do CF Rear Lip Spoiler too if interested? just a thought.

***UPDATE***

Speaking with a vendor as we speak. Made out of Carbon Fiber they would cost $250 a piece.

Still looking into Polyurethane since that would most likely be the cheapest route to take but wanted to get your guys' opinion. If you would rather have Polyurethane or Carbon Fiber?

I feel like $250 is a fair price considering its $350 + $200-$300 for shipping for the Real JDM front lip.

$250 is definitely fair for CF. If we can get a slighter cheaper PU lip, then that's even better!

Archived