LegacyGT.com

Kendall and Total engine oil?

So at my new work we use Kendall GT-1 Full syn and also stock Total Quartz as well. I know these are both great oils, but had a question. Has anyone on here used them in our cars? Results good or bad? I can get it for a great price and would love to use it for the price if it is good for our engines.

Thanks in advance

No experience but I would like to know as well. Just bought my car a month ago and the quickie lube sticker says they put some 5w-20 in it which pisses me off a bit. When it's due for a change in a month I will be putting in MAG 1 Full synthetic 0w-20 as I know a place that I can get it for $3.50/quart. I'll report back how I like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No experience but I would like to know as well. Just bought my car a month ago and the quickie lube sticker says they put some 5w-20 in it which pisses me off a bit. When it's due for a change in a month I will be putting in MAG 1 Full synthetic 0w-20 as I know a place that I can get it for $3.50/quart. I'll report back how I like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your car is naturally aspirated and running the FA20 motor. Anything people say for OP has no relevance to your car.

Wonder why the 10-40 doesn't meet new car requirements http://www.phillips66lubricants.com/documents/Kendall/engine_oil/Ken%20GT-1%20High%20Perf%20Syn%20Blend%20MO%20(Ti)%20TDSw%20815899.pdf

:confused:

Gas mileage and the ever tightening tolerances used to achieve the required numbers. Most gas sipping cars are using lower weights in oils now.

Your car is naturally aspirated and running the FA20 motor. Anything people say for OP has no relevance to your car.

I do realize that and thus why I didn't make any comparisons. I am interested in the oil because I have heard good things about both oils that he mentioned. I was just trying to further participation in this thread by showing my interest. My engine is the FB25 by the way.

Archived