LegacyGT.com

Best oil and oil filter

Im going to change the oil on my 2013 legacy this weekend and I was wondering what is the best rated oil out in the market? I plan on using synthetic 0w20. Redline, Pennzoil Ultra, Motul, Royal Purple or any other recommendations? What about oil filters?

Mobil 1 has a $12 rebate going on currently. Pennzoil does as well I believe.

I just use whatever quality synthetic I can snag for cheap. They are all pretty good nowadays.

I stick with the Subaru blue filters myself.

I also stick with the blue Subaru filters, crush washers, and either Mobil1 or Pennzoil Platinum 0W20 from Walmart. I also consume about .6 Quart every 1000 miles, so I am adding quite a bit... and waiting for the final hearing on the oil consumption lawsuit in July.

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to get into some serious oil talk, the site Bob is the oil guy, will have probably more info than you'd ever want. As for crush washers, this is a pretty awesome device that eliminates that need. http://www.stahlbus.com/info/en/products/oil-drain-valves

Not sure how it compares to the Fumoto but it works very well for me and comes with a hose, unlike the other one.

Random question: are crush washers that big a deal? I've changed oil in a bunch of different cars for years and never used one crush washer. Never had any leaks or any problems whatsoever, so are they really necessary?
I put something here like all the cool people, except there's nothing cool to put here.

If you want to get into some serious oil talk, the site Bob is the oil guy, will have probably more info than you'd ever want. As for crush washers, this is a pretty awesome device that eliminates that need. http://www.stahlbus.com/info/en/products/oil-drain-valves

Not sure how it compares to the Fumoto but it works very well for me and comes with a hose, unlike the other one.

I think I'd prefer the Fumoto over that one. But I really like the Fumoto because I don't need any tools or extra parts to use it. So if I'm somewhere away from home and need to change my oil, I don't need to worry about having that tube with me. But if you really want/need to drain using a hose, you can get a Fumoto with a nipple on the end to attach a hose to.

Archived