LegacyGT.com

What did I do wrong? Koni Yellow Front noise

Yes, correct struts. Same numbers as GTEASER's build. I looked over that post and made a few adjustments to mine. Gonna do the other side as well and test. Shaft still doesn't go all the way through, but it is physically impossible to and since it matches the factory strut then that must be how it is. I've also moved the camber back as close to factory mark as well it was off just a bit. Will do other side and report back.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/koni-shock-strut-epic-engineering-spring-install-145744.html

You need the spring seat to bottom out on the strut rod shoulder, so you need to compress the spring more.

Ok, problem resolved as far as I can tell. Link above helped a lot. I must have had some sort of misalignment in my upper spring perch and possibly that along with camber adjustment. I followed links steps and corrected camber to factory position. No more bad sounds BUT, the shaft still sits down in the bearing a bit. This must be normal as it's just impossible to go through more. Much thanks to everybody for all their help. This is the second night out in the garage for hours after doing turn arounds at work. I'm wipped and appreciate the speedy replies!

Yes, it's absolutely imperative to get the upper spring seat all the way down on the strut rod shoulder, and then the conical washer (large flat side down) by compressing the spring more and then placing the bearing and tophat on the assembly. Sounds like that was your problem.

Archived