LegacyGT.com

Caliper Rebuild and Bleeding Question

Qckslvr

So, my plan is to remove one, maybe two, calipers at a time to completly disassemble them, rebuild, and repaint before installing with new stainless lines.

Question is, how do I manage to do this without a) allowing the system to bleed down too low, b) using 30 bottles of brake fluid?

Thanks in advance for anyone that has done this and can provide a high-level walkthrough.

I had to work on a seized caliper and so I used the banjo and found a nut to cap the line. Use the old crush washers and that should stop the leak enough while you work on the caliper. You may have to check it periodically since the banjo will still allow fluid to pass, but it will be at a much slower rate. Just top off the reservoir if necessary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

When pertaining to the brake hose, you have a couple options. You can buy a pair of hose crimpers that are flat and allow you to pinch the brake hose without chewing into the rubber, or my favorite way, take a regular rubber valve stem, remove the cap and push it into the hole of the hose.

+1 For tire valve trick, in my time at Acura, my master tech showed me that trick, the rubber of the valve seals it up pretty good.

rather then rebuild, just pick up 2 new fronts and paint them, then do a straight swap. My new caliper ran me $100. for passanger front.

the time saving of pre painting them and then just doing a swap in might be better for you

Archived