LegacyGT.com

over boosting???

So recently my turbo started leaking oil badly. 4 quarts every 1700 miles. So i got a rebuilt turbo with a billet wheel and installed that along with an invidia uppipe. Yes, i changed oil and banjo bolt screens were removed. i "tuned" it with my apv2. The turbo sounds great. except for one thing, my boost is at 19.5psi... could the billet wheel cause more boost or the uppipe, idk im just confused or did they put a different pill in the rebuilt turbo. i was going to get a pro tune but not right away figured it wouldnt be a huge deal with the ap tune.

Stay out of boost. Or say goodbye to the motor.

New turbo other than oem will need a tune. Not a generic over the shelf map made for oem style, not aftermarket.

Was the billet wheel the same blade design, more blades, less blades? It's likely more blades than the past one, so it's likely pulling in more air.

The uppipe. If you had an oe from the 05-06, then it was catted, and the catless will provide more air flow for a faster spool.

Better to get it Protuned and know its right then to continue guessing and possibly NANSB.

This. Install all mods, get professionally tuned. Have a safe running car that makes the power it's supposed to.

Archived