LegacyGT.com

Stage 2 install advice

Hey guys everyone has been really helpful since I got my car and I have all my parts ready for install next week b4 my tune but I'm trying to get it all done in a day since it's my only day off till the tune, so I can try and make things as smooth as possible just wondering if anyone has any tips or advice for the parts I'm gonna install,

-nameless dw-dp with intermediate pipe

-racerX tmic

-racerXchargepipe

-turbo smart kompact bpv

-grimmspeed 2015wrx ebcs with lgt adapter(is this by the turbo n is it plug n play?)

-denso iridium spark plugs

-ams oil 75w90 diff and tranny 5qt enough?

Doing it at a friends house with power tools but no lift just jack stands

The charge pipe and tmic shouldn't be too long of an install. The down pipe and exhaust I think would be the most time consuming. Personally, I would do the charge pipe, tmic, ebcs and plugs together since they are in the same general locations. Then move on to the dp and mp.

Afaik the ebcs is not plug and play it does require tuning. If you are going to get it tuned straight away ask the tuner what he recommends.

The fluids can be done at any time I would hold off on those unless it is a necessity. Really the plugs as well, but if it needs them why not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

+1 on tuning for the EBCS. If you don't tune for it, you will definitely want to have a boost gauge handy while driving until you can get it tuned because it will respond differently than the factor BCS.

If you do need to install it and can't get the tune done at the same time, ask your tuner to send you a 0 WGDC map. That will only allow the car to make the wastegate spring pressure for boost (maybe around 10 PSI).

The fluids can be done at any time I would hold off on those unless it is a necessity. Really the plugs as well, but if it needs them why not.

I agree. The OEM plugs are good for stage 2 and should only be changed if it's time to do it as part of regularly scheduled maintenance.

take a picture of the throttle body coupler before you remove it. getting it oriented correctly is what takes me the longest when installing my tmic. I'm talking every time even though I've done it like ten times now.

Speaking of which... that coupler is a common failure point, you might want to proactively replace it with this or something like it:

http://perrinperformance.com/i-17660130-coupler-kit-for-2008-16-wrx-top-mount-intercooler.html

Also, do you have the correct sockets for the dp studs? I didn't. They're torx.

take a picture of the throttle body coupler before you remove it. getting it oriented correctly is what takes me the longest when installing my tmic. I'm talking every time even though I've done it like ten times now.

Speaking of which... that coupler is a common failure point, you might want to proactively replace it with this or something like it:

http://perrinperformance.com/i-17660130-coupler-kit-for-2008-16-wrx-top-mount-intercooler.html

Also, do you have the correct sockets for the dp studs? I didn't. They're torx.

Why do you need to worry about the downpipe studs?

You have to remove at least three of the studs to be able to work the stock dp off.

Somewhere in the depths of this forum is a detailed Avo dp install thread that is just full of good information.

Found it: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/avo-dp-install-fitment-233597.html?t=233597&highlight=avo+pipe

Thanks for the input my tuner sent me a temp safe map to run with the ebcs until the tune

And I just hit 30k so I just thought for peace of mind that I would change the plugs

And I will take a picture of the throttle body hose I bought racerX hose

And what is a torque socket?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-26820-E-10-Torx-Socket/dp/B000P0XLYM?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage]Amazon.com: Lisle 26820 E-10 Torx Socket: Automotive[/ame]

This is the one I got.

Yeah, I lucked out and the guy that helped me install my DP had a set of those. We had to remove at least two studs in order to get the DP to drop. Some of the nuts were so rusty the only way to get them off was to remove the stud. I'm thinking HI has a lot less salt and rust shouldn't be as big of an issue.

I've also heard of some people removing the thermostat housing for extra room to get the DP out.

Yup those stud remover socket was what I was waiting on as well. When I was putting on the nameless tbe with a buddy, we were able to just pull the cat portion of the dp off without removing the studs. Only had to remove and transfer the studs because I upgraded the turbo. Theres some metal bracket that goes above the downpipe that was holding things up so I did what GTEASER and Swanne did..cut,bend and just got it out of there...pretty sure it doesn't do anything.

Also removed the thermo housing to get better access to the last nut. Make sure you pb blast them real well.

Charge pipe, I didn't replace mine which is definitely on the list.. I took out the left radiator fan to wiggle it out, bpv, ebcs, and tmic are all pretty straight forward. Downpipe/exhaust is gunna take you the longest most likely

I just looked at me gs ebcs I bought the 2015 wrx plus 2012 lgt adapter looked suggested but looking at it there's no place to connect them just wondering if the ebcs will use the mounting plate in it to mount somewhere n screw the adapter in the factory place then just run the hose from the adapter to the ebcs

Archived