LegacyGT.com

Rumors for 2007

dondon

Now that the '06s are out, I want to officially start speculation on changes that might be made for the "refreshening" in 2007.

I am assuming there will be some cosmetic changes, such as the B9-style front end. Is a power/torque boost likely? New tires and/or wheels? What about changes in the model lineup? Willl Subaru see the error of its ways and restore the 5MT wagons, make Navigation available on more modelsm etc.? Will VDC be available on the LGT models?

FYI, I am primarily interested in the LGT 5EAT Wagon. I had decided to pass up the 2005s to wait for the 2006, and have been pretty much underwhlemed by the (non)improvements. Since I am about to lay out significant cash for a loaded minivan (ugh, the things I do for my son...), my brain is telling me not to spend all my money at one time and wait (my heart and other body parts are telling me to go for the LGT).

So, any thoughts for next year? (I know it's early...)

I'd hope they do something... they did a whole lotta nada (besides cutting the US option list off a the knees) on the 06. The car has been basically the same in japan since 04. Gotta do something to throw the change-up.

I figure if it looks better, GREAT!, if it looks worse, the 05 will look better! Win-Win.

Guest *Jedimaster*
2007 Legacy STI? :lol::lol:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/iyamdman/IYAMDMAN-Top-Frt-Side-1a-s.jpg

Yeah, I saw that on Motorweek's spyshots last week- they're doing a full test tomorrow!

Funny you should post this, i was just going to post that autoweek in their 2006 buyers guide states that the 07 legacy WILL recieve a "freshening" which means that I am about 99.999995% sure that the 07's will have the tri-snout.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I have said it once but I will say it again, I believe that Subaru WONT change the front end of the Liberty/Legacy until the total new design come in around 2009. Then we will see certain change. For mine, they wont want to introduce too many weird and wonderful shapes too soon on all models. I hope they have learnt for the Bangle Years @ BMW.

Ada///M.

well Subaru is changing the Impreza next year and they only had the new face for 1 year

Not true.. new impreza is 2 years out..

http://www.edmunds.com/future/2008/subaru/impreza/100542365/preview.html

Preview

What Edmunds.com Says: A top to bottom redesign should give the Impreza the kind of hardware it needs to remain a top performing sport sedan and wagon.

What We Know: Subaru is giving the sporty Impreza a full-out redesign some two years after the minor updates which are due to appear on the 2006 Impreza. Considerably different than the current model, the 2008 Subaru Impreza will be based on a shorter version of the Subaru Legacy platform. Additionally, Subaru has decided to start building this vehicle in the United States, as opposed to Japan, at its Lafayette, Indiana plant.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Does SIA have that kind of capacity? They already build the Legacy and Outback. They took over Isuzu's portion, and now build the Tribeca there, as well.

They're going to add the entire impreza line up there too? I guess they will get weanied-down like the american version of the Legacy, as well. All sorts of JDM options that won't be available in the US because of SOA's cost cutting. Thin paint, thin glass, and all.

Even if the 07 Legacy refresh brings an STi version, what do you want to bet that if North America gets it at all, it will be watered down.

I am sorry. I love the Legacy GT, but SOA's decision making regarding it is poor to say the least...

Archived