LegacyGT.com

OEM Fogs, what comes with it?

Anyone who has ordered the OEM fog light kit for the 2010-2011, what comes with it? Why I ask, is I want to buy the parts separate, and get morimotos. So I need to know what I need, like, housing, relay, buttons etc?

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

You get the foglights, the bezels, the relay, and the switch. Iirc. The switch is the hardest thing to come by, which is why most people just buy the kit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Okay, thanks, wasn't sure if there was anything missing, so if I get morimotos, just buy everything separate but the actual lights correct?

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

The switch isn't the hard part.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322035615838?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

You need the harness that goes from the steering column connector to the switch and IIRC, it only comes in the kit. Or make your own, which seems like a PITA.

I am pretty sure there is a harness that goes between the connector in the steering column (that would normally go to the turn signal stalk where the factory installed fog switch is) and extend it down to the switch location by the mirror switch control. Possibly the harness comes with the switch.

According to the instructions for the kit, there doesn't seem to be a harness.

http://techinfo.subaru.com/proxy/72656/pdf/072656-072655-063750-H451SAJ000.pdf

Maybe there is an unused connector behind the mirror switch.

There is no harness in the kit, everything is prewired behind the dash. I installed my own kit and that much I do remember.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

+1

I got my kit from subaruonlineparts.com, $219.34 with free shipping. Part number is H451SAJ000.

former 2.5i base model owner here....i had to buy the OEM kit. With it there was a relay that was installed in the engine compartment and there was the mirror switch that included the switch for the fog light. so instead of having the convenience of using the headlight stalk, we had to reach a bit further and push the button on but the mirror switch. Edited by amidroc

• 3 years later...