LegacyGT.com

Suspension and timing belt question?

So I found this old road and track article about upgrading the LGTs suspension, it recommended the Tein flex suspension which it described as adjustable from inside the cabin (link below)

I checked their site and it's out of stock. Does anyone know of anything similar or have any suggestions for new suspension? I have 108k miles and I think the stock suspension could use an upgrade.

Also it's about time for my timing belt to be done and I've gotten quotes between 950 and 1100. Does that sound right?

Thanks guys!

I wonder what's included in your timing belt quote?

I had Subaru replace my timing belt the first time it was done, and paid around $1050 I believe, I forget the exact amount. Turbos may be a little more expensive than my non-turbo though, I'm not sure (Longer t-belt? Maybe other things different too?).

I stupidly assumed Subaru would replace the idler pulleys, which they did not. My price did include a new water pump and thermostat though, but no accessory belts since those were replaced a few months earlier. I plan to try the timing belt myself the next time around, since it doesn't seem to hard on the sohc's.

but no accessory belts since those were replaced a few months earlier

i have a 09 forester, do you know how to remove a self tensioning belt on the a/c without cutting it. or do the legos have actual tensioners?

sorry i dont want to thread jack

i think i got quoted 1400 on a sohc once then just learned to do it my self.

PM "Underdog" or contact Mike or Rey at http://www.AZPinstalls.com

Both are trusted members here.

Read the Timing Belt DIY thread and see why it cost so much.

Did you get quotes from a local repair shop or the dealer ?

I think I've seen more in the $700 range.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/timing-belt-replacement-2-5t-106809.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Diy timing belt is pretty simple actually. Get amazon timing belt kit, thermostat, and water pump off of amazon for $230ish and have 6 hours or so to spare. Pretty good YouTube videos on it; also easier if you have two people, especially for the timing belt alignment. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I got my timing belt done at the stealership for around $900 with the idlers included. (I don't have the mechanical knowledge to do it myself and I had to get other services done anyway from the dealer.)

Archived