LegacyGT.com

Speaker Problems

Hi all, ive been having an issue with my speakers crackling for a while now and cannot figure out what it is.

I have a quick fix of fading the sound to the rear and all the way to the left. I figured its my front passenger door speaker, so i took off the door panel, unplugged it, and nothing. It actually doesnt even work at all. Im thinking it might be some wires messed up behind the radio. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

You could fill out your profile so we know which trim and year you have to help us help you. And maybe tone down the language...we all say it but no need to put it up on our forum.

I would be willing to guess at a tweeter or bad speaker in probably both front doors since you haven't really given much information to go on. I would guess front because they get most of the power and have the widest range, the rear are rather small speakers and are only mid level, I believe.

You could fill out your profile so we know which trim and year you have to help us help you. And maybe tone down the language...we all say it but no need to put it up on our forum.

I would be willing to guess at a tweeter or bad speaker in probably both front doors since you haven't really given much information to go on. I would guess front because they get most of the power and have the widest range, the rear are rather small speakers and are only mid level, I believe.

Sorry about the language lol and its hard to actually explain in words ill try to fill out my profile and make a video

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Is it a static sound, my wife's tribeca does this when using satelite radio, I am fairly sure it is the sat module going out. We don't have a subscription so she only uses it on free weekends

Does it matter what the source is? Does it increase with volume? I would say the problem is the speakers going off your original post. I can't recall many people having issues with them, but I would dare to say it isn't unheard of. If you know there is one good speaker maybe take it out and try it on the doors with the blown speaker syndrome and see if that "fixes" it. If so, speaker upgrade time...

Archived