LegacyGT.com

Could use some advice on mods ( non-performance, just sound and aesthetic)

However, we don't own Supras (wish I did, even MK3s such as his) so getting high up there in receipts will be much harder with an NA car since there's nothing for us to really do :).

My 85 was a MK2 which came with a 161hp 2.8L. Their really wasn't much mods available either intake, headers, catback exhaust, & ignition was about all bolt on mods. I swapped in a 3.0L JDM motor as well, but it wasn't too expensive @ $1000 which I did myself. I restored the exterior/interior, engine mods, suspension/wheel, stereo. I pretty much spent 2-3k on each of those categories plus repairs. What I did my old car is not all that much different than what could be done to 2.5i.

It seems like healthy 4th gen lgts are rare. And any wrx used around $15,000 is going to be a bigger headache. I'm still internally conflicted on what I wanna do.

I think I should save and go find an lgt but they're so hard to find.

Being a broke college student , the cheaper and easiest route, that's the perfect medium between me being practical and me having fun, for me would be to mod my 2.5i for aesthetics, handling and sound mainly, but I feel like id keep the lgt for a longer amount of time until I'm ready for something with more power.

Do a search of List of mods on N/A car. I started a thread that has just what you are looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is so much that you can do to the car it's unreal. I sure you know I get hated on for the things I do to MY CAR, With my money. It's cause I do not want to do what other do. I have also been a parts dealer for years and get all my stuff below cost. I am not a broke college student, and work IT, along with shooting weddings, and contract out for social media work. So when I spend, It not hurting me.

There are also so many neat, what I call 1 off JDM parts that fit our 2.5i that really no one will have. I got in touch with a group of guys that gave me links to many JDM parts that I ordered, along with replacing old worn out bushing with poly bushing. with 147K miles things wear out. Keeping it tight is another thing to thing of. Whiteline makes so great bushings.

You can buy any LGT mufflers or catback that you want Mr. x, but all it's gonna do for you is aesthetics. It may sound a little deeper but since you have equal length headers you will barely notice it. Here's my WRX with a resonated catback, it also has EL headers and it doesn't sound much different than stock https://vimeo.com/161075982

It has a little more rasp to it than my 2.5i did when I had axlebacks on it because this is resonated and I have a turbo. A lot of the WRX exhausts sound like a frog croaking from the turbo whistle and I didn't want that. Invidia sounds a little raspier for Legacy's though, but honestly you aren't going to notice a difference.

Archived