LegacyGT.com

Electrical problems - windows and locks

Hi, been a while since I've been on the forum, things have been running well and I don't drive so much. Now as the old girl is getting older a few problems have started to arise, and I have one that I just can't trace. Hopefully someone can shed some light.......

Driving the car for the first time in a few week, I found that none of the electric windows are working, thankfully they are all closed so it's not a problem. Then when parking the car I remote lock the car and the lights flash but I don't hear the reassuring thunk, so on checking find that none of the doors have locked.

This can't be a coincidence, so I pull the wiring diagram and as expected they power is on a common circuit. I have checked all the fuses, none blown. Check the wiring, no obvious breaks, so now I'm stumped.

Does anyone know if there is another fuse not shown on the diagram that could cause this?

Cheers

46 - Keyless Entry System.pdf

I wonder if something is wrong with the power window/door lock switch inside the car. Can you lock/unlock the car using that switch inside the car? Or does that not work either, like the window buttons? Since both the windows and door locks are routed through that, that's why I think that could be the problem.

• 4 months later...

Most problems like this are cause by the drivers door control switches in the arm reast on the door. I had mine replaced under warranty back in the day, about 60,000 miles.

But sounds like you have done that ?

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

service manual may help.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived