LegacyGT.com

Fifth Gen Lecagy GT - Transmission Issues

Hi All,

I recently bought a 2009 Legacy GT Station Wagon (5th Gen - BM/BR) & have had recently had issues resulting in the car being at the dealership for the past 7 weeks.

At random intervals, usually when the car was bought to a stop (although more recently it occurred while i was on the motorway), the indicator showing which gear the car is in will disappear and the AT oil temp light will come on (flashing) as well as the ESP light and the another light (not sure what it is, looks like a park symbol with a dash through it - have a look at the attached photo)

From here if i attempt to drive, the car will not change out of 1st & when the car is turned off, will not turn back on. (This has resulted in requiring a tow truck several times now)

The car has been in at a Subaru authorised service centre for the last 7 weeks, with little progress. They have dismantled the gearbox as they though it was the inhibitor switch (right in the middle of the gearbox) they pulled this out and tested it, discovered it was fine. From here they took the transmission computer out and sent it away for testing - all okay here. Now they have arrived back at the start, recommending that the inhibitor switch which is attached to the valve body, is replaced. (About $4,000 NZD & another $1000 + to fit) will "hopefully" fix the problem.

By now you can imagine that i'm rather frustrated. Has anyone else had this problem or seen anything like it before? Any input would be appreciated!

276594342_ScreenShot2016-03-17at6_04_47pm.png.f53d005a7f36495094b948657f5e216c.png

Archived